Why is it necessary to check credit score? When you apply for any credit facility such as loans and credit cards, lenders would want to know your credit or popularly known as CIBIL score. It is a number based on which your eligibility for the product is judged.
Two of the most demanding credit bureau companies where you can check credit score for free within a few minutes. In this article, we have focused on these two and given the steps that you can follow.
How can you check your Experian score?
If you want to check your score, you can follow the simple steps involved in the process:
- Provide your Full Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- You will then receive an OTP on the registered mobile number
- Submit that OTP and click on ‘Verify & Continue’ tab
- Mention your Date of Birth and Gender
- Provide your Permanent Address including the state, city, Pincode
- Enter your Permanent Account Number (PAN) and submit.
After the completion of above process, there is a Q & A round which is the final step before you get your score. On the basis of the details you have provided, the credit score would range from 300-900.
How can you check CIBIL score?
You can follow the below steps in order to check your score online:
- Go to check CIBIL score check website
- Provide your full name as mentioned on the PAN card
- Enter your Date of Birth
- Choose the gender you belong to
- Mention your PAN card number
- Enter your contact address
- Provide the email ID fn which you want to get the credit report
- Enter your mobile number
- Submit the form
On the successful submission of the CIBIL score form, you will get a confirmation on your email ID. You will get the detailed credit report on the email ID you have provided.
Should you check credit score frequently?
You will always find people discussing the perfect time interval to check the score. You would be happy to get the answer here. If you are checking your score every now and then, you are making a big mistake.
Yes, you should not continuously do it for fun because doing so hampers it. Your loan applications may get rejected if your score is not upto their criteria which is generally 750 or above. Depending on your score, you can look for measures that can help you improve it. For instance, if your score is below 550, it means you are either a defaulter or do not want to repay the debt.
In this case, your first motto should be to settle the debt with the bank otherwise you will a defaulter forever which means you won’t get any kind of loan. Read below some simple ways to improve your CIBIL score.
How to improve CIBIL Score?
Here are some of the best options in front of you to improve or generate a good CIBIL or credit score.
- Avoid unnecessary credit cards.
- Try not to use more than 50% of your credit card limit.
- Increase your limit in case you are sure of using it in a disciplined manner.
- Pay your loan EMIs or the credit card bill on time.