National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) PG is an entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for students aspiring to seek admission to MD/ MS and PG diploma courses in the medical colleges in India. For any competitive examination, it’s very important that you study from the best books. NEET PG is an important test for those who want to get specialized in their field. So, it becomes very important for you to study from the right set of books.
To excel in NEET PG, it is very important that you study from the best set of books. With the help of best books you will be able to prepare properly for the entrance test. Follow only the standard books as doing so will help clearing their concepts. Keep reading the article to know about the best books to prepare for NEET PG 2019.
Pattern of NEET PG 2019 Exam
As per the latest MCI regulations, NEET PG 2019 comprises a total of 300 questions. The duration of the entrance exam is 3.5 hours. NEET PG will be held in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
NEET PG 2019 Syllabus
After understanding the exam pattern clearly, the next important thing that the candidate needs to know is the NEET PG 2019 Syllabus. As per the reports made by NTA officials, the syllabus of NEET PG will remain the same for the year 2019. NEET PG 2019 Syllabus will help candidates to know what topics are important and which is time consuming.
NEET PG 2019 Important Books
The list of important books for NEET PG 2019 is given below:
|Name of the Book||Subject|
|Essentials of Pediatrics by O.P. Ghai||Pediatrics|
|Self Assessment and Pediatrics by Arvind Arora|
|Robins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease by Kumar||Pathology|
|Review of Pathology and Genetics|
|Essentials of Forensic Medicine by Narayana Reddy||Forensic Medicine|
|Self-Assessment and Review of Gynecology by S. Arora||OBG|
|Bailey and Love’s short practice of Surgery by International Student’s Edition||Surgery|
|Review of PG Medical Entrance Examinations|
NEET PG 2019 Strategy and Focus Area
While preparing for NEET PG examination, it is very important for you to devise a proper planning and strategy. Proper planning is the only asset that will help you to ace in the examination. Some of the important points that you must follow while preparing for NEET PG 2019 are given below:
- Solve ample previous year papers as it will help you to understand the exam pattern and mastering the art of time management.
- Don’t forget to focus on building concepts rather than just learning a particular topic.
- You can also expect image based questions in the entrance test. So, be prepared for such questions.
- Study according to the exam pattern and the syllabus of NEET PG.
NEET PG 2019 Preparation Tips
Some of the important tips that you can follow while preparing for NEET PG are given below:
- Focus on the Syllabus – Don’t forget to study the entire syllabus and try to make short term plans. Have a great understanding of the syllabus as only this thing will only help you in excelling in the examination.
- Prioritize the topics – It is very important to arrange the topics as per priority. Give more time to that topic whose weightage is more or on your weaknesses.
- Revision – Revising whatever you have studied is very important. Try to make a habit of revising the things on a day to day basis.
- Mock Tests – Solving mock tests regularly will provide you a better idea of the exam pattern and helps you in enhancing your time management skills.
- Take Short Breaks – While preparing for NEET PG, it is very important that you work hard but rest is equally important. Do not study continuously. Take short breaks and in that break just do what makes you happy.